fashion stylists home about services press contact Image Map

Thursday 9 May 2013

Karora…A Spray Tan Review

I was recently invited by The Salon Shop to come have a Karora spray tan done so of course I was only too happy to oblige.  While I always wear fake tan I had only ever twice before had a spray tan. Once from an automatic booth which was all the rage back in 2001 and once from an actual person.  I’ve become a rather dab hand at bronzing my own bod but of course its always so much easier getting someone else to do it. I find I need to call on my yoga training and contortionist skills (of which I have none) to get my back fully mahog!!
The Salon Shop, where beauty dreams come true.
The Salon Shop, where beauty dreams come true.
I began my prep three days before hand with plenty of rigorous scrubbing in an attempt to get rid of the fake tan I was already wearing. My body seems to be extra absorbent because this layer of tan was not budging. Numerous scalding showers later and I was (almost) tan free.  Off I headed to the Salon Shop where the lovely Georgina talked me through the Karora range.
The Karora Range
The Karora Range

Karora is an Irish brand which uses organic ingredients which claim to have an age fighting, skin firming and cellulite smoothing formula.  Anyway I wasn’t really interested in all that I was more interested in being brown as a berry.  I loved that it literally took minutes to spray my whole body whereas at home I’d be at it for a good half hour and I was practically dry instantly.  Off home I went and got straight into the pjs to let it take effect. While the boyf complained I felt sticky he liked that I didn’t have my usual fake tan aroma of curry and biscuits wafting around the room.  I actually smelt very pleasant.
Tanspiration
Tanspiration
The next morning I had a quick shower and what I noticed first was how lovely and soft my skin felt.  I loved how the tan came out on my face and upper body but I could have been a bit darker on my legs. Now it probably was the correct colour for my skin tone which is of the mottled corned beef variety but I always give my legs an extra coating when I’m self tanning. I had a wedding that weekend and it was such a time saver getting my spray tan done before hand.  My tan stayed perfectly even for around five days and only started to fade on the sixth which I was delighted with.
Mahoggers and a cringey selfie
Mahoggers and a cringey selfie
Myself and Miss Opera Lane Elizabeth Barrett, also looking tanned.
Myself and Miss Opera Lane Elizabeth Barrett, also looking tanned. I’m not wearing foundation in this pic, just my tan.
I would definitely like to try the Karora self tanning range at home and with eight weddings coming up this year I’ll definitely be getting a couple of spray tans.
For Karora stockists please contact The Salon Shop directly.
ktanning

No comments:

Post a Comment