Ok so Britney might not have said those exact words when accepting a Grammy but I'm pretty darn chuffed that fellow blogger Sophia from The Petite Belle has nominated me for a Liebster Award. Here's a link to her awesome blog, The Petite Belle I strongly recommend checking it out with a hot cuppa and a few choccy biscuits. So what is a Liebster Award?! It's a cool online award where bloggers get to nominate fellow bloggers and is a great way to discover new blogs that you might not have heard of before.
The rules for the Liebster Awards are as follows. When you receive an award:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
3. Answer the 11questions that the nominator has asked
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award
5. Provide your 11 nominees with a list of questions you would like to know about them
The Petite Belle’s Questions Pour Moi:
1. When did you start your blog?
I've been blogging kind of on and off for the last two years but I've really made more of an effort the last year when Cathy from Turqouise Flamingo worked on my logo and set up my newly revamped blog for me.
2. What is your favourite topic to blog about?
For me it's all about the schtyle!! I also like to share photoshoots and events that I've styled on the blog.
3. What is your LEAST favourite thing about blogging?
I definitely think finding the time to blog is my least favourite thing about blogging. I love blogging but work and life more often than not mean that putting up a blog post takes a back seat. I'm definitely going to be more organised now and schedule in proper time to do my blog posts.
4. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 items would you bring and why?
My girl gang for the lols (sorry Rob!), an endless supply of Margaritas and my phone for the #desertisland selfies.
5. If you had your last €10 to spend, knowing you would never have any more money again, what would you buy?
I'd go have brunch in Orso or Liberty Grill.
6. What make-up product could you not live without?
I'm pretty boring when it comes to make-up but I think a red lip instantly adds something to even the most basic of outfits. My fav is from Topshop and they also do a great cream blush.
7. What is your biggest regret?
Ok this is beyond random but I still think about it to this day! When I was in 6th class we were preparing songs to sing at the confirmation etc and the teacher asked me to sing in the group for the best singers who would sing harmonies etc. I wanted to be all cool so I said no. I always think I should have just said yes as ironically I can't sing at all now so who knows I might have kept up singing and still be able to hold a note. Lol! It was a lesson learned though as I always push myself to do things that scare and challenge me.
8. What is your favourite high street store?
That's like asking me to pick a favourite child, we all know parents have one but their name must never dare be said out loud!
9. Which blogger do you find the most inspiring?
The eleven bloggers I've nominated are pretty darn inspiring.
10. What is your favourite food?
I'm a complete savoury addict, I love chips and crisps.
11. What quotes or mantras do you live by?
It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice!! I also totally believe in karma.
This was super hard to pick just 11 but thems is the rules I'm afraid. And the award goes to.....
- Turquoise Flamingo
- A Stitch in Style
- The Petite Belle
- Glamity Jane
- The Beaut Mum
- Orla's Oasis
- Diary of a Style Hunter
- Blog Yo Togs
- Make Me Up Ireland
- Shell La Belle
Fashion Stylists Questions
1. What made you start a blog?
2. How did you come up with your blog name?
3. What's your can't live without item of clothing?
4. What outfit makes you look in the mirror and think "girl, you are looking damn good today"?
5. What are your top blogging tips?
6. Do you have a pet?
7. What do you like to do outside of blogging?
8. What's your turn up the radio song?
9. What's the last book you read?
10. What's your proudest achievement?
11. What's your most cringe moment?
Well there you have it ladies. Now it's your turn so follow all the rules at the start of the blog post and make sure you let your nominees know that you nominated them. And go!