fashion stylists home about services press contact Image Map

Monday 10 March 2014

Weekend Workshops

I spent this past weekend in Dublin at a fashion illustration workshop and I have to say I'm feeling totally refreshed after it.  Like loads of people I completely struggle with the ol work/life balance and even though I absolutely love my job sometimes I feel like I have no interests outside of it.  Some of you may know that I actually did a degree in Fine Art in CCAD and so art has always been a major interest of mine although sadly I hadn't done anything in years not even keep a sketchbook going.  So when I saw that the designer Sorcha O' Raghallaigh was running a three day fashion illustration workshop in Dublin I knew it was something that I really wanted to do.  Sorcha is a designer that I really admire and her own illustrations and beautiful avant-garde pieces are just divine.  I've included a few pics from the weekend and some of the drawings that I did aswell as some of Sorchas own collections.  My drawings have a long way to go but it's completely inspired me to keep it up and I'm going to aim to do a couple of drawings each day from now on.

































































































So that was my inspiring weekend, I would definitely recommend the workshop to budding designers or for people like myself who might want to get back in touch with their artistic side.  Sorcha is a fantastic tutor and all levels of ability are catered for.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend!!

Toodles,
T,x.

No comments:

Post a Comment